Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Lunar Reflections

Lunar phrase, how do I word it or speak of thee?
Swinging, waltzing like a pendulum above restless seas
I was cast away, I was alone and yet won't stay
We've shared a hellish realm, walked with deathly feet
If only for the night that was so blended with the day

Lunar face, I have looked upon thee
Feeling, sensing my desires being drained from me
I cared not, I wished not and yet I lived through
I came back to reckoning and harbored watery depths
Because my soul was deep and mingled with you

If I'm cast away, or the tale I write decays
It will not matter up against such a luminous haze
I will not be counted, never alive in crater or dune
As if a ghost in white as pale as hollow beams
For it would be the wish and ever the way of Lune

Your crater dust, your deathly stare has robbed me
Of everything I hold dear, a life elsewhere being
An ocean's ebb my witness of what was once; the sea
And dust flowing like strands into a Solar plume
And cloaking the uncontained air of night's deity

I'm lost upon a dead surface, where the vacuum is time
And it turns so quickly and aging so rapidly, years combine
Taking away every breath until intertwined with the moon
Numbing every pulse until it no longer recalls gravity
An empty, painless death, the lunar host beckons all too soon



©Iggy 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment