Friday, February 4, 2022

I Have Walked Through A Thousand Years With You

I have walked through a thousand years with you, surely even more
I have seen the traces of time dwindle and storm again, as if before
I have walked alongside in a thousand years with you, even many more
We have been connected but from far away as if in legend and lore

We may surface from such a depth of waters from the deep
 ocean that had been the waves of our lives
Or ascend from valley, then grazing the surface of a sphere
 that hides behind light to slowly appear
Somewhere in our path, somewhere ahead, rather than from a
 distant echo, rather than from unknown skies
Through the ages long, so drawn out as if bound by the gray
I have been in a book of time on a clock of moments gone
Through endless hour and quick dreams of a faraway
Through a thousand ways, even more, each road was long

I have endured alongside you, everything you've known, my friend
But there are places where I wanted to get away, places I've fled
Though I watch from a thousand remote miles, your journeys I attend
That maybe one day, someday we'll reach another gate in paths we tread

I've walked unknown miles and still go on in an uncertainty of destiny
But I have walked through a thousand years with you, and so even more
It's just such illusions are clear to me, they draw near yet I stand as a sentry
I've gone through a thousand years in a blaze, in solitude, and explored

We may descend onto grounds of darkened mass covered in
 shadow that lives but is for most, unheard of
Soon we have battles to face, side by side, toward the tide
But somehow in our path, for a moment, we'll share a
 whisper, a knowledge that we know each other in pure love
Through the days that drag on long beyond the moment that repeats
I have kept a close thought that the oddity of time never knows
Through another thousand tides upon sands of warm island retreats
I will tread again under wind and storm, wielding starfire flows

Where there has been only silence here, a thousand years are counted
On a plane of stars and nebulae I have heard the sound of spiral rain
On a phantom ship on dark waters I've spied the times we doubted
Then having walked a thousand years, there was patience in the pain

I've walked unknown lengths, and I've no desire to cease if you still go
Upon your brow I see, etched memories of lifetimes, you must remember me
And though we do walk through a thousand years, the age doesn't show
Something from deep within has burned, we remain young, wise, and free

We may cross all of the mountains, forests and deserts in
 the primal spirit to wander and venture under the sun
Soon we'll walk together inside a song, the same land we'll
 survey and name gates and paths we shall go along
Upon our path, now almost viewed ahead, we'll smile for
 knowledge we've amassed, that we are a mass and one
And through time and times with you I've walked and quickened the pace
Through the hours that wind relentlessly, the story it is certain and true
I have come through a thousand years, even more, where fiery stars race
For I've seen the shine in your eyes, sensed the bond 'tween me and you

I have walked through a thousand years with you, even more
I've seen the traces of time disappear and weathered storm
I've walked the thousand years with you, with love all the more
We've been connected in a faraway as if we're from legend and lore


©Iggy 1999

3 comments:

  1. Wow... Unbelievably beautiful! Wow! Leaves me speechless, although I have so much to say... You are completely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow, when I wrote this so long ago, when I was putting the ink to paper I was writing about the time we're in now. That the thousand years had already passed. That this is where the "little season" is coming to a close. The witch lost and triumph intervened. And I hadn't read my works in so long that when I write these out from old papers I see that I was opening doors that even I didn't know then...it's strange.

      Delete
  2. I completely agree and read & interpreted your beautifully written words just as you just described. Truly amazing of you to have foretold this future we are in now relative to when you conceived and so artistically put “ink to paper”. How you do such incredible things as this, and with such mastery and beauty is beyond words...

    ReplyDelete