Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Exist

I've been summoned here, Naphtali connected to the signals I keep
Time is a repose, slowed to sleep, and disconnected from the deep
It was silence but now a bleak murmur floating on the grid line
I call it web and vine, air and void, counting three, six, and nine
Outside glass-like gate existence is never under slumber's spell
A freely moving sail, above the hours, entranced by moon so pale

Name the sad moment a long lament, it extends, asteroids will find
The mercy of gravity remains, trailing behind, stable orbit unwind
A force that never dies, I keep at random speed somehow by choice
I merely exist whispering from far away, and subtle is my voice
I found the iced sphere on the last roundabout and it's now lost
For the same stellar course crossed never changes but the frost

Endlessly I find thousand endless journey
Is silence something even you cannot keep?
If I merely exist, amusingly I am bored
My view through this long window, turning
Surrounding the majestic titan of amber deep
Fountains in radion where beta rays soared

In an awkward circle of orbit, and as far as the eye can see
Reaching a state of solitude for me, remain unknown I'd be
In distress and radio path clearing away the dusts of time
If I exist, I knew the sign, a path through peaks I'd climb
But so disregarding is it now in obscure distance below
If I just exist just to know, languid it feels, and so slow

A hunter I am not, a hunter is not my name in red glow
But lava pools of fire poured low, magma stirred below
If I exist, I can't tell if it's too late, so unsettling now I fear
In lunar shade awake and near, a signal once again I hear
Emerged they sail upon waters that reflect reddish skies
I muse within a strange realm in its rise, with weary eyes

In this what is called night, I wander along
The terrain is unmarked as it is yet unknown
Made by nature's surge and era's end so pale
As to exist, a moment spoken through ages long
Inside a furbished theme, outside frequency tone
Of giant fragments nova made it's a flowing tale

I merely...exist, and all of a drone it seems
I hear nothing outside of continuing beams
And often they faintly and weakly glow
Over and out, your answer is very slow
 
 
© Iggy 1994

2 comments:

  1. So beautifully worded that it has completely captivated me while studiously enjoying each and every line. Maybe “merely to exist”, but in the most stellar of ways... I love this... Thank you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a thing to feel insignificant in the universe. They sure keep telling us that. Thank you for your kind words and continuous support!

      Delete