Thursday, February 10, 2022

Enter Hyperborea

I move around giant leaves, hung from prehistoric trees
I watch upon a buried small trove, and silver web wove
Forgotten crumbling fortress abode left for time, nevermind
Why have you a shadow in your eye, past window dimly by?

Silent watcher, fearless archer, wary traveler being alive
I once advised to set all those faded relics of sorrow aside
Reflected like the water of your tear, but they never died
I was drawn in, but I was in a fog of vertical oceans wide
I thought that they would blend with the horizon aligned

Dusk swelling toward an ancient door, in forgotten lore
And the dust settled then, slowed time in grotto and den
Doubt moves across your brow, knowing the here and now
Open gates, this is where destiny, fate and legend awaits

Ahead you'll see the fall, and ahead you'll hear every call
Thinker of thoughts deep, easily tell me dreams you keep
Restless thinker so deep in thought, and spoken was not
Sit by over here, close enough to hear a whisper so near

I'll tell you a thing of ancient doors and forgotten gates
I've seen and heard visions and songs gliding in the haze
A gloom of a yesterday was hard on me and I cry, our fates
My soul rides an air above a point, and hovering it stays
Slight the sound of cricket, maybe only a breeze in shades

Recall the storm in a bygone night, and it was like a sigh
Striking it was, when moon falls, and ocean climbing walls
The wild was brushing the skies, and a wisdom in your eyes
Going back to tidal wall, seven seas long, seven drop fall

The way the sands had drifted into remnant of an old shore
Passing through another ancient arch designed of a past war
The gate on this passageway is fallen on broken stone floor
And here I know you won't forget the secrets, knowing more
Walking slowly past you know where to go now just as before

I can give you such a thing and I will try to make it so
Share my heart's realm of life that I would possibly know
But as I see, before I came to this tale I tell, so curiously
I can follow you hence, because you gave all of this to me
If I breathed new air beneath fortress old, it sets me free

Finding I'm standing alone, lost ruins and relics of stone
You went the way I came from, this side still the doldrum
Just below the surface and edge, broken promise and pledge
Solemn in the span of ancient field, nothing upon to build

Frozen in a time I've never stood before, weakens the door
I'm soon to flee swiftly to escape, of this ancient landscape
I go with you unseen behind, you're gone to nowhere I find
When you turn around to be near, I am the silence you hear

We see outside of time and inside towards the firelight
If the winds mock and rush past marble of a lofty height
Something stirred untying a lock of ribbons golden light
That what belongs to forgotten gates to open on the night
Not a sun or moon of rich color hue, put yarns into sight

The door ahead, afloat on airy fog but rests in lava bed
Canyons of murky moon half, sands of dusky moon draft
What we see of clime, outer rift yet another hand of time
Forgotten fortress appears, once the icy wind disappears

In the wake of tide is wreathed of salt and silken thread
Stay fast alert and then so sleep between peace and dread
Waters are sad here because tears line their pooling waves
Three linear beams finely tune eight songs below the shades
Along they tread in time lingering past doors of the dead

And here is where the doors lead, of all paths in between
When we can find the way back, for this way and for that
Ancient is yesterday, forgotten must be undone of decay
Area span moves in one place, but stays allowing a way


© Iggy 1990/1994
Working titles for this body of work were 'Ancient Doors And Forgotten Gates' and 'Enter To Exit'

4 comments:

  1. You and your “ Enter Hyperborea” ... So astounding!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and your loving kindness is so wonderful!

      Delete
  2. Awww... I deeply thank you for you and for your loving kindness and all the joy you bring!

    ReplyDelete