Sunday, May 23, 2021

Ages Ago

Dear one, my love, thou sunshine, I know I stare at you, forgive my wonder
Sweet laughter and thy love, thou art mine
You may have seen many years, but you are the younger
How I wish I could speak when only I can sigh
How have I come to deserve your smiles, the love-look in your eye?

Music summons us to dance, your lordship, so graceful and strong
Enchanting are thy ways, I was once frail, remained a messenger of song
As you are now, I, with my thin hands trust them in yours somehow
You are my love, and thy love
Shall make all that is least more than enough

In a pond of luck, luckiest still as deep wells of  song
In a sea of gold, dreamed upon summer's breath
The willows of kingdom afar, rhymes or lament from a poem of long
You've been the knight fair and true, and all sorrows I've left
The treacherous dungeons dark, against you, cannot even hold death

And for whatever riches there were in world before or could ever be
Thy heart swells beyond any treasures, boundless and so free
O'er a meadow, one thousand leagues, and a million streams
You bring heaven's sweeping touch
The starlight on high has been next to me so much

And how could I count all the hours or ages with you long ago?
When verily forever is the timeless span I would stay
Why am I, to thee, a vision so fair, a winter without cold?
I shall tread with only love into thy path, thy way
A wondrous cloud of light and marble strength, I pray

Gentle voice, I hearken to over any distance, and greetings warm
Thy lordship plays the land in a soft whisper at the call of storm
Thus to love that to be, thy love for a fragile bird such as me
A stronghold of steadfast bliss
Thy ways have leapt past all times that have gone amiss

The cause of your love has loosed the the soaring spirit and set me free
Ages ago, I was but a shell from unknown depths of the sea
Thy love is all to me, the ages know not, there is no whenever
Ages now on, I hold fast to thee and thus dwells oneness forever


©Iggy 1989

No comments:

Post a Comment