Friday, January 2, 2015

One Winter In Your Radiance

I cannot say if I dream awake or if I glimpse paradise undying
In silence I remember how it appeared and in echoes I find it alone
Knowing by heart a place of summer's phrases, where gulls were flying
All there is, all that was, oddly found on similar paths of vine and stone
And the imagery of sun, moonlight, snow and sand, branch and bone

At the will of storm's cloud mass, it may give no warning to crumble walls
A maze of leaves surround small fountains, mirroring the slowing rains
Tempest seeks a way through, gathering strength to knock over stone halls
To keep sharp so it doesn't dull with the sudden foggy wisp of time's terrains
Endless the legend it forged, and forged by hand are the roads and chains

Twinkling twilight, a misty mystical weaving myth in a shapeless brume
Breeze and blue granted by sky, never captured, windy wings flutter by
Calling with the same sonance, but broken and dusty amid webs of gloom
An air of beyond and ages woven together, brings another uncanny minuet
Pausing to listen, as one is an instrument of truth and one is a silhouette

The pages of seasons from a beginning far away and almost hidden
Of the long sought for, recalled in memory alive, aurora curtains afloat
From numinous sunlight the turn of night's sleepy sending of rains bidden
The wind's direction, a pattern, but always uncertain as pages had wrote
Bring day where there is night and there in faint waves, awaits your boat

Ocean tides sweep from undersea onto scarred cliffs and splinter away
In sleep reeds stir, then moments later fall, the reflection again will recur
To melt your reason and muffle your words, the season favors soft gray
Distance of the stone's throw reach over like an arch, a chirr in the remote
Unseen and unexplored by eye and scope, in my realm I bring forth my boat

What cloud is kept in long ribbons of time's gold dust where nothing is lost?
Known by name, and by mind's eye, you travel at will but why, why not I?
I cannot say if I dream but this I speak, a time is passed that began with frost
The music will ring, sweet air lingering of phrases back to green
A step back to a recalled past but ahead for life and the between

The wind that would take down standing stones and flow through pinewood
Settled for the beckoning of storm and spoke of roots, uttered under its breath
I may, perhaps, never seek the explanation for the interval even if I could
It was always sudden, but long expected in a way, this, the season of death
But a faint shine not too harsh, breaks on shaded ground where calm had set
And there, I spent one winter in your radiance

On the soft red glow of the sun's curvature of flame I saw you on high
You spoke of a white cold, pure and stark, blazing again and sure as fate
In the distance watching silently, a murmur beside me of an echoed sigh
Unleashing the seas racing away from the Hyades, opening a gate
Telling tales of the smallest scattered shells and of mass ages predate

In the bluest waters the greatest whales in the icy cold offer their phrase
In middle forest, hidden oak tops of deep wood surrounding arcane chorus
I wished the shooting star to slow in its course for a moment, then it stays
A lucid fable being woven into mythical dreams that I once forgot
A reminder again that the season will turn until the time it cannot
I spend one winter in your radiance



© Iggy 1988/1989/1990
Reworked 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment